The Holy Spirit Fire

The Holy Spirit Fire
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, ( Luke 4:18)

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Picking up a Friend, Picks up Jesus Instead

One of the great things about working in a Christian business is that there are many opportunities throughout the day to speak about the Lord and share the gospel.
On a particular day in the middle of summer in July of 2006 a young lady named Alyssa came in to pick up her friend who was waiting for her at the shop. I found this out from a young man that worked for us and I inquired as to her spiritual state. He told me that she was not saved. Immediately I sensed the Lord telling me to go and witness to her. I went up to her and asked her if she knew what is meant to be saved. She did not know for sure so I started to speak to her about what Christ did for her on the cross of Calvary. As she listened to me explain to her what Christ did, I noticed her friend looking at her and seeing what she thought of all that I said. I asked her if she were to die that very moment if she knew for sure whether or not she would go to heaven. She confessed to me that she was not sure. I asked her if she would like to know for sure and she said she did. A few minutes later she trusted Christ as her personal savior and became filled with the Holy Ghost. She will never be the same, she came in to pick up her friend but picked up Jesus and Eternal life as well.

No comments: