The Holy Spirit Fire

The Holy Spirit Fire
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, ( Luke 4:18)

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Big Harry and a River of Tears

I remember one afternoon in the print shop when a gentleman walked in. He had come in for some copies and I started to talk to him about what he did and what he needed the copies for. I asked him what his name was and he told me that it was Harry. This name suited him quite well as he was a fairly big guy. We started to speak about this and I tried to see how I could turn the conversation over to more spiritual matters. I sensed that there was a searching spirit there and I felt God tell me to ask him if he goes to church. He asked why and I told him that all of the guys in the shop are Christians. When he heard this, he started to get a little teary eyed and began to talk about all of the times that his sister had tried to witness to him. He said that he had not been interested at the time but that he was ready to listen now. I began to share Jesus with him and saw this big guy get more and more quiet. I asked him if he knew for sure if he was saved or not. He told me that he was not and I asked him if he wanted to know. I spoke to him some more and asked if he wanted to receive Christ. He said that he did and he prayed the sinner’s prayer. As he did this he was full of tears in his eyes as he felt release from his sin. By this time my co-workers had joined us and we were all crying and glorifying God for all that he had done in adding big Harry’s name to the book of life. All of the angels in heaven rejoiced along with us as Harry wept a river of tears for joy at receiving the blessing salvation.

No comments: